19th Century (single doorway bookend)
Click here to view a large image
The present house, from which this doorway comes was designed for the Duke of Marlborough in 1755 by a local architect called Stiff Leadbetter. The previous manor on which the house was built was leased to a succession of nobility including Catherine of Aragon, one of the eight wives of King Henry VIII.
Tim Richards made this door as the result of being commissioned in 1998 by the company British Gypsum who used the limited edition as gifts.
Weight: 2.6 kg - Dimensions: 6"w x 9.5"h x 2.5"d
$240.00 / £150.00